Monday, August 20, 2012

It's Been a PINTERESTing Summer!

I have been busy with TONS of projects this summer. I thought I'd show you some of them. There's much more in the works but this is a preview of what I've completed so far. ALL completely inspired by Pinterest. It has been the best and worst thing that has ever happened to me. :) Where possible, I'll link back to the original pin that got my gears turning!
I found this PIN right around the time Target started stocking their dollar bins with teacher goodies. Mini-pocket charts are something I can't resist. I LOVE pocket charts and then they're itty bitty on top of it? SOLD. But what to do with these? Sure, you can hang them on the wall but this PVC pipe chart stand is BEYOND genius! I headed right over to Home Depot and put on my best damsel in distress face. Luckily, I had a tantruming toddler along for the ride so it wasn't to hard to find a willing store employee to help me...er, um, cut and assemble the whole thing for me right in the store. *bats eyelashes* Thanks Frank with the pony tail beard! 
This mini chart stand and pocket chart also inspired a center idea. I love the book Sight Word Poetry Pages, from Scholastic. A friend of mine thought it would be great if the poems could be arranged on a pocket chart so I set to work designing the pieces. I thought they'd be perfect for these mini charts. If you'd like to grab a copy click HERE.
I'm sure you've seen these all over Pinterest. I was inspired by this PIN and this PIN. I'm looking forward to taking pics of my kiddos on the first day!
I found this PIN and fell in love with this door greeting. So much so, that I pretty much copied it word for word. I wish I could find where it originated from but the pin leads to a google image search. I have it available for download HERE, for free, of course, because it's not my original work. :)
The PIN that inspired me for this project had a framed piece of burlap that someone had, allegedly, written on with a Sharpie. Well, yeah, I tried that. Have you ever tried to write on burlap? Sucks. I just printed the calendar image with my initial and framed it OVER a piece of burlap. Bam, calendar. I write the numbers, month, and important info in every month with a Sharpie. Easy peasy. :)
I don't really have a pin to link for this one. It's kind of a hodge podge of lots of things I saw on Pinterest. I plan to hang this over my teacher desk to hide the cords that hang down from my sound system. I'll post how it turns out when I'm done setting up my classroom.
And last, but not least, I was inspired to do a furniture makeover after seeing this PIN. Oh how I covet that beautiful, shiny, little dresser. I found my dresser (hideous isn't it?) on Craigslist for $15. I used the "no sand" paint technique I learned from the original blog post for this pin. My dresser came out pretty nice. I wish the picture was better because it's really more of a slate blue than an ocean blue. Oh well, I don't think I'll be painting furniture again anytime soon. It was tedious.
I'll leave you with a glimpse of the madness that is consuming me at the moment. I have a giant folder on my desktop entitled "NEED TO PRINT". I've been plugging away at it nightly, after Bubba goes to bed. This is about half of it. It all needs to be laminated, cut, and then hung in the perfect spot in my classroom. Wish me luck! Hope you enjoyed my PINTERESTing post. :)





4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the mini pocket chart stand. I bought like 10 of those charts because I couldn't believe the deal & just KNEW I would come up with a way to use them (hoard much?! haha). Now,I have a new project. Yay! Thanks for sharing :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Horder! I'm the same dang way. Glad I could help. Hope you can find "Frank". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coca an you email me the sight word poems so I can use the to reinforce the ones I use. They are not on your tpt. alliecatfish@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete