Saturday, August 18, 2012

TpT Back to School Sale

 My second "linky" party! Yay me! I may be getting the hang of the blogging thing. :)

Wow, did I ever get some fun stuff during TpT's Back to School sale. I've had so much fun looking at what everyone else bought (and trying to avoid going back for more!) that I thought I should post what I just HAD to have!

I've had this on my wishlist forever. I love Abby's blog: theinspiredapple.blogspot.com and I'm super excited to make "Jitter Juice" with my kids on the first day of school. First Day Jitters is our school's "Book of the Month" for September, too. Score!
I also had to have these. I found the link for these on Pinterest and I thought it was such a great idea. They were only $2 and it rounded my "cart" out nicely. Ya know how I love even numbers! I can't wait to see how my kiddos do with it.

These next two "units" I'm so friggin' excited about but also a little sad. I had intentions of designing something similar to each of these only to find that it had already been done...and done WAY cuter than I ever could have! I can't imagine how time consuming it must have been to make these things. Our school is new to implementing the Common Core and I'm determined to jump in with both feet!
This amazing resource, from the equally amazing- Deanna Jump, is going to make my life so much easier and it will also look really nice on my focus wall. I've already printed it all out. I just need to laminate and cut.
Another of my favorite bloggers, Rachel, from whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com, made this. It's a checklist of all the 1st grade Common Core standards. So as you're planning, you can check each standard off. Genius! I've got this all printed and ready to go in my plan book, too!

Last but not least, I found this freebie on Pinterest and I'm so excited about it. I'm totally on this Whole Brain Teaching kick right now and I plan on using WBT rules this coming school year. Michelle, from inspiredbykindergarten.blogspot.com, designed these adorable rule posters. There is also a whole behavior management plan, complete with worksheets, included. I love her ideas and I plan to tweak them just a smidge so they work in my room. It's one of the best freebies I've downloaded.
There are only a few weeks until school begins and I've definitely begun my craziness. I've been having sleepless nights, spending endless hours sitting in front of this dang computer making lists, designing things for my room, and of course, downloading TONS! I'm a little worried my classroom is going to look like Pinterest threw up on it. I'm going to make a concerted effort to slow my roll, tone it down, and MOST IMPORTANTLY- enjoy this little bit of time I have left just kickin' it with my son. Oh, how it is going to kill me to leave him.
Peace and Love!

1 comment:

  1. I need to get my hands on Rachelle's Common Core checklists!! Just found your blog and I am lovin' your back to school buys :)

    Susan
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

    ReplyDelete