Thursday, September 6, 2012

Running on empty...

Whew, isn't it crazy how tiring the first few days of school are? I don't have much to report other than I LOVE my new room set-up. The FLOW is so much better than in years past. Also, I am LOVING whole brain teaching. My kids are doing so well with the call and response aspect. It's such a fun way to teach! I recommend you check out the video I posted HERE and then go on over to wholebrainteaching.com and watch some of the videos there. Before I leave, to go veg out in front of the T.V. while I cut a HUGE stack of lamination, I thought I'd leave you with a little freebie I just made. My kids are begining to explore math manipulatives during Math Workshop. I made this little worksheet so we could sketch the things we've made while working with the tools and/or write some of the attributes of each tool and how they can help us with our math understandings. Enjoy!

P.S. I'm purposely NOT mentioning my thoughts on my new crop of kiddos because I don't want to jinx myself! *grinning ear to ear*

No comments:

Post a Comment