Sunday, November 4, 2012

Mock Election and New Stuff!

This is going to be short and sweet. My classroom observation is this week, report cards are due Thursday, and I'm working on a huge community helpers unit! Yikes!
I wanted to share the results of the mock election we held on Friday. I used Teacher to the Core's election day freebie and LOVED it!
Here's my little loves voting! They loved filling out the ballots and slipping them into the box. Everyone was very careful about keeping their vote a secret. 
And here are our results. 17 to 3, Obama. I had to throw out three ballots because they marked both candidates. Honest mistake. :) You should go download this freebie if you're looking for something quick and easy for election day! My kids loved it.

Yesterday I received my order from Amazon and I'm super excited about its contents:

 I got these "Project Popperz" on recommendation from one of my favorite bloggers. Abby from The Inspired Apple. She swears by these for making beautiful anchor charts. I'm certainly not as good an artist as she is but I figured I'd give them a try. I'm sick of chisel tip markers. These have a nice, blunt, felt tip. *squeal*
Fluency has been a focus of mine these past few weeks. I'm currently working on some activities for letter/sound flunecy, sight word fluency, and math fact fluency. I got these to start using in centers and I can't wait to intriduce them to my kids tomorrow! I think they'll be a hit!
 Bean counters, just because! I mean who doesn't need more counters? No, but honestly, it's because I found a freebie on pinterest that used these counters so I had to have them. :)
Last but not least I just uploaded my Neighborhoods and Communities Unit to TpT. My kids are still working on it so I don't have any classroom pictures to share. Hope fully next week. But it's up if you'd like to check it out. 

Have a great week everyone! And happy NO-MORE-ELECTION-ADS to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment