Thursday, February 19, 2015

Say what? Clean Eating?

Ya, you heard that right. I... ME... I'm going to attempt a clean eating challenge. Yikes. If you know me personally then you know I have the eating habits of your average 6 year-old. 
My favorite foods are cheese and bread, not necessarily in that order. My husband gets so mad at me because when we go out to dinner I order from the kids menu- grilled cheese, chicken fingers, pizza, YUMMO!  

It's never been much of a big deal to me. I have the blessing of "good genes" and I've always been relatively slim. I also love to work out so whatever bad eating habits I've had, I've always been able to excuse it to myself because "I exercise". Well, now I have two kids. Working-out, while still something I try to squeeze in, is not at the top of my priorities. 

I knew something had to change when I ran 3 miles at the gym the other day and then stopped for Wendy's on the way home. I'm 35, soon to be 36, it's time to get with the program and shape up. My son is proving to be quite the picky eater now that he's four. I'm sure that has a lot to do with the fact that HE'S FOUR but I also should be a role model for him. 

It's only a 5 day challenge. I'm doing it with some of my girlfriends and I think it will be a nice confidence booster if I can complete it. I start Monday. Wish me luck! 

If I do well I'd love to try a round of Whole 30. I've got the book all packed and ready to go for my trip to Florida (8 DAYS AWAY!!!) 

I leave you tonight with a FREEBIE. In my excitement for my Clean Eating Challenge, I made a new Grocery List. It has 8 different versions and is EDITABLE!! Click the picture below to download.

You also may enjoy another EDITABLE product. I recently updated my Guided Reading Lesson Planning Pages so that they are completely editable.
Click the picture to download for FREE!

As always, thanks for taking the time to stop by and read. :)
One of my favorite quotes of all time. I need it hanging on the wall in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment