Friday, May 15, 2015

Five For Friday: Stitch Fix Edition

Linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday and this one is all about my latest Stitch Fix. I am LOVING Stitch Fix. There is just something so exciting about coming home to that box on my doorstep! This was my second "fix". I asked my stylist, Megan, for some more summer items and to think about something that might work for our family pictures coming up in June- that I am totally stressing over, BTW. My boys hate to be photographed, hubs included, and I have no idea what to wear! waaaa!

One of the items I requested was a pair of "boyfriend" jeans. I received these Kut From the Kloth Kate Distressed Boyfriend Jeans and I loved them right out of the box. Once I got them on I was kind of disappointed that they weren't a relaxed fit, more of a skinny jean fit, but I loved the distressing and lord knows, I love a good pair of skinny jeans. They're also nice and stretchy=comfy! I am booty challenged, aka flat butt, so I always do the "hang out" check. These jeans did not pass. There's my tramp stamp for all to see when I kneel down! Ugh, if only I could go back and tell my 18 year old self that in 2 years Britney Spears would get a butterfly on her lower back and you would forever be dammed as the girl with the butterfly "tramp stamp" like Britney! I'm telling y'all now, I had it first. Proud moment, not! Oh well, I love the jeans so longer tops and belts it is!
The next item was this Olive & Oak Arynn Tie-Back Chevron Print Tank. I love the print and the colors but it's made of a very sheer fabric, so you need to wear a cami underneath. It's also really flowy and boxy. While I liked it, and thought it was fun, I just didn't see myself getting a lot of wear out of it. I decided it was a no.

This next top, the Collective Concepts Lydia Floral Print Key-hole Blouse....LOOOOOOOVE!!! I actually pinned it days before and my stylist took note! Keeper for sure! Love the little cut-out, love the colors and fit. Looks adorable with jeans or dressed up. That's my favorite kind of top-versitile! I have a party to go to tomorrow night and I think this will be perfect! KEEP!
Sigh. Big Sigh. I pulled this dress out of the box and was so excited. I instantly loved the bohemian style of this Sugarlips  Julie Crotchet Dress. I thought, "this is perfect for family pictures!" But, once I got it on I was disappointed. The fit just wasn't right. I'm very small busted and didn't fill out the top right. The crochet detail at the top was too low cut and each way I moved you could see my bra. Not cool. The tie around the waist could be cinched in but it just looked bulky to me. I have very few curves and I think it just accentuated that and kind of hung. It's such a pretty dress but not for me. I loved where my stylist was going with it though and I hope to see more dresses/pieces in that style. Return.
The last item I received was a pair of pretty gold earrings from ZAD. I forgot to take a picture of them. While they were pretty, I have something similar so I decided to return them.  

All in all, I think it was a successful "fix". I got two new items that I LOVE and I didn't have to figure out how to leave my hectic life to get to the mall and pick them out! I mean, lets be honest, I'd probably get to the mall and end up shopping for my boys anyway! That's what always happens, right moms? Stitch Fix is just the perfect answer for me. If you think it would work for you, too, I'd love it if you would use my referral code. :)
Click below:
Thanks so much for stopping by! Enjoy the other links!
Happy Friday! 


2 comments:

  1. What a fun Fix! I can hardly wait for my next one. I think they all look great on you! My favorite is the key-hole blouse...I may have pin that for my stylist!!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing everything that came in your box! I think seeing other people's boxes is as much fun as seeing your own - and way cheaper :). Thanks for sharing!

    My Rainy Day Creations

    ReplyDelete